Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quick and easy 3D

Sorry I have been MIA lately. I have been making sets of cards to sell to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and they are not much different from what I have posted here already so I had nothing new to share. I have also been watching Le Tour de France. Go Lance Go! The race still has over 2 weeks to go so my blogging will be sporadic until the race is over! Going to France and watching the race in person is on my 'Bucket List' LOL


I call this type of card a 'cheater' card because it is so quick and easy to make with little or no effort! I found a picture on the web and made sure it was in the public domain 'cos I don't want to be in trouble with copyrights!

I opened the picture in Paint Shop Pro and made it the size I wanted. With the freehand point to point selection tool I drew the largest diamond shape where I wanted it and copied and pasted it as a new image. Then I went to SELECTIONS/ MODIFY/CONTRACT and contracted the selection by 25 and again copied and pasted as a new image. I repeated this until I had 5 diamond shapes. Then I went to FILE/PRINT LAYOUT and dragged all 6 images onto the layout template and printed them.


You can do this with any shape you like and it is quick and easy to do. You can download a 30 day trial version of PSP HERE

All that was left to do then was cut them out and assemble them on the card.

3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

You are so clever!!! This is a beautiful card- thank you for sharing your tricks :) I love it!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS card Jennie!!!!! So pretty and what an impact!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennie thank you , you make the most beautiful things.