Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Label collage

Wow I  didn't realize I hadn't posted for so long! I have had my head stuck in a book but I have also been making a collage.

Jennifer McGuire and Tim Holtz taught a class, that I didn't attend, on techniques using Hero Arts and Ranger products and put it all together on a canvas. I loved the idea and so I decided to do a canvas and this is the result. You can see my inspiration HERE. It took me a lot longer than I expected but I quite like it. They used a 12"x 12" canvas but I used an 11" x 14" canvas as that is what I had. It was a lot of fun and I think I might do another one...maybe shabby chic so that I can use lots of beads, lace etc.

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh Jennie what a nice collage. Looks like you really did have fun working on this. Looks like some of the tags are raised like 3D-are they?

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collage. I love it.
Celeste

Kristie W. said...

Wow!! That is fantastic, Jennie!! I really love all the detail you put into it.

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely...I hope I get to see more that you do...I love to look at collage...