Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mandala

While my mojo was missing I printed and colored some mandalas. I decided to make cards with a couple of them. Definitely not quick and easy cards! The coloring is very time consuming but I like the results. I an posting one now and the other one tomorrow.


I started by printing the mandala four times at 3-3/4" and colored different sections on each print as I wanted it to be 3 dimensional. I used a combination of Copics and pencils for the coloring and then cut out the different pieces  with scissors and used dimensional tape to raise each of the three inner layers. If you do a search for mandalas you will find hundreds! The card is 5.5" square.

2 comments:

Beccy said...

Jennie, the colours you used are gorgeous and match beautifully with the blue background. I can't imagine this was a very quick and easy item to make, but the results are worth it!
Cheers,
Beccy

JD/ Jill said...

That does look like it took a lot of coloring, but you did an amazing job with it...