I did a little more experimenting with stencils. I have often use just a part of a stencil and repeated it on a card to get what I want. This time I wanted to see if I could use the whole stencil but on different parts of the card, the front and the back but with both parts showing when the card was closed. I used a pretty stencil, Mattie Lacy Fence EH1857, for the experiment. This is what the stencil looks like.
I wanted to use the curvy part on the front right edge and the rest on the back right edge so that when the card was closed the two parts would come together. This is the result.
The flower stamp I used on the front is from a clear set by Inkadinkado and the butterflies are from Blossoms and Butterflies from Whipper Snapper. I stamped the images twice and colored and cut out the flowers and butterfly wings and attached them with dimensional tape. The butterfly wings also have some glitter on them which doesn't show in the picture.
I decorated the inside of the card, which I don't do often, with another stamp from the Inkadinkado set and a sentiment which was part of an unmounted bulk buy from My Sentiments Exactly. I am really pleased with the way this card turned out! In the future though I will make sure before I do all the embossing and cutting that I have a stamp that fits the blank space. This time I was lucky that I had a stamp that fit.