Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dear Deers

I picked up this cute little deer stamp at Hobby Lobby. The original price was $1.99 but it was on sale for 50% off so it qualifies as a $1 stamp! I decided to use the same stamp and make 2 totally different cards with it.



For the first card I was trying for a country color scheme. I stamped the deer with brown ink on cream cardstock and colored him with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and then cut him out leaving a small border. I used Diamond Glaze on his nose to give it shine. He is mounted with dimensional tape.

For the second card I went for a more non-traditional color scheme by using pink with the traditional red and green. I stamped the deer with Memento London Fog ink and colored him with pencils. After I colored him the stitching didn't show up too well so I used a .005 Micron pen and went over the stitching.I stamped the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder

2 comments:

paige said...

Cute cards - love your $1 stamp!

Anonymous said...

I love the little dear stamp....how cute...and what a bargain.