Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Take a chair

I bought this un-mounted stamp from Impression Obsession last year but didn't use it. I really like it so I thought I would use it to make two different cards using the same stamp.

For this version I used papers from a Basic Grey Wassail 6" x 6"pack. I stamped the image with Memento London Fog and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I used Old Paper Distress Ink around the edges of the panels and the greeting is a clear stamp from a set from Flourishes.

For this version I used brown Stazon ink to stamp the image on vellum. I used pencils again and colored the chair and seat cushion on the back. I used a dark green pencil to color the wreath on the back and then using a lighter green I added some more needles on the front to give the wreath more depth. The bow was also colored on the front. I used a Nestablities curved rectangles die to cut and emboss an aperture from a red panel. The vellum was then adhered to the back. I used a piece of striped paper from a Basic Grey Figgy 6" x 6"pad and adhered it to a gray card base then used mounting tape to adhere the red panel to the base. The greeting is a silver peel off sticker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennie, both are cards are beautiful!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely, Jennie...

Anonymous said...

Both cards are just beautiful..I love that stamp too...very pretty.