Friday, March 5, 2010

Hibiscus

Yes I am back to flowers but still coloring! I have colored quite a few images but haven't made cards as I am having a hard time coming up with a layout so I am waiting for inspiration! I did manage to come up with layouts for these pretty Hibiscus and the image is a digi image you can find HERE

I actually printed out the pictures a little close together ( more about printing at the end of this post) so I was limited as to how I could use them but after taking the time to color them I was determined that I was going to do something with them!




I used the largest and next to largest Nesties labels 2 to cut and emboss the frame and then the next smallest to cut and emboss around the flower which was colored with pencils and OMS. Then using the largest die again I cut a piece of vellum stamped with a script background stamp from Stampendous. I glued the vellum to the back of the frame and used dimensional tape to raise it up. I used the tape again to raise the flower panel.


For this card I used the cut out left from the center of the frame.

About printing digital images. In the past I have used my photo editing program, Paint Shop Pro to print digital images. Many of the digital images you find on the web, whether they be free or for sale are larger or smaller than you want. I found that re-sizing in PSP was not always satisfactory as if the size of the image was changed too much you didn't get a good print.

The solution is to use Word! Open a new Word document and on the menu at the top click on Insert/Picture/From File. Browse for the image you want to use, click on it and then click on Insert. Your image will come up. Click on it and there will be a box around it. Hover your cursor over a corner node until you get a slanted arrow, click and pull the image to the size you want. Perfect prints every time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these cards....so pretty. Love the coloring too.

JD/ Jill said...

How pretty, and thank you for the link...I just wish I had time to make a card these days...I so miss it...

Danni said...

What beautiful cards!!

Gloria said...

Great job as usual