Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A rose for Gloria

My friend Gloria from the Crafty Card Creators yahoo group has this lovely card on her blog, Gingerbread and Pansies I fell in love with the shape of the card and decided to copy the shape. Well, first let me tell you it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be to get the shape right! By the time I did get the shape right I was ready to quit! 

Rather than waste the time I had already spent on it I decided to use a digi image I already had colored, a rose from Fred She Said, forgetting completely that I hadn't used the rose on another card because I didn't have the right shade of red cardstock! I had already cut out the rose when I remembered this so I was determined to use it and went with a green card base instead of red. I had no suitable DP to put behind the rose so I used a scalloped oval Nestie to scallop the bottom of the white panel and embossed it using the Cuttlebug Textile Textures folder.

For such a simple card it sure took a lot of time and it is not nearly as pretty as Gloria's!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card.

Gloria said...

Jennie--Totally awesome....it is gorgeous......

Anonymous said...

I love this...the shape is really appealing...lol..you did a great job.

Phyllis said...

Very pretty card and you did a great job with the shape.