Friday, June 12, 2009

Frugal Friday and a challenge

For today's card I used a $1 stamp from Michaels. I have a few of these type of stamps in both horizontal and vertical orientations and have always found them more difficult than the square ones so I thought I would challenge myself to use this one today.

To me, being a frugal cardmaker is creating a beautiful card without a lot of expense. I would rather spend my crafting dollars on things I can use over and over rather than on rub-ons, stickers, primas and other embelishments that can only be used once. I also like my cards to go in the mail for the price of one stamp!

Which brings me to the challenge. I love cards with lots of white space too so here is my challenge to you.


CHALLENGE.
1) Create a card using only white cardstock. (today's card is a good example) Use as many layers
as you like but no colored cardstock or paper.
2) The color should come from the image.
The card should be at least 75% white.
3) No embelishments like ribbon, buttons, primas etc
4)
The challenge will run for 6 days, Saturday through Thursday. All entries must get to me by
midnight EST on Thursday, that is 11pm Central and 9pm PST.

When you have made your card email a picture to me with WHITE CHALLENGE in the subject line and don't forget to tell me who you are. My email address is in the left column near the top. I will put the picture on my blog using your first name only.

I will be making a challenge card every day, that is 6 cards.
Your name will be entered in a drawing on Friday and I will do a random drawing and announce the winner on my blog and by email. The winner will receive the 6 cards that I make gift boxed plus a nice surprise!

Break out the white cardstock and get creating.
I look forward to getting your entries!

3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

I love this card! So simple and elegant at the same time :) You're awesome Jennie!

Nancy said...

beautiful!!!

ShellyRaeWood said...

Okay Jennie. My entry is finished and posted on my blog. :)
Thanks for the challenge!!

http://shellyraewood.blogspot.com/2009/06/all-white-art-challenge.html