Friday, June 19, 2009

Frugal Friday

You Bought It Now Use It!

This is what I have been telling myself. It isn't very frugal to buy something and then not use it! These are a set of dies from Cuttlebug that I bought a while back but have not used. They called Vintage and are 2" x 2" dies that come 4 to a package. The price varies around the web from $14.99 to $7.99 on Ebay.

These are 2 cards I made using a couple of the dies. If you take a close look at the lovely white card Sheila made she has used another of these dies on the corners of her card.


For the first card I used the die to cut 2 corners, top left and bottom right, from the colored panel and I cut 2 dies from white CS which I adhered to the other 2 corners.It doesn't show well in the picture but the two I glued on look like they are embossed while the two I cut look like they are debossed.

I cut the aperture with a Nestie and then cut a smaller one from the green and glued it behind the panel which I then glued to the card base. The stamp is from Inkadinkado. I stamped it twice, once on the card base and once on a scrap. I colored both and then cut out the flowers and a leaf and used pop dots to adhere them.

For the second card I used the Cuttlebug Textile Textures for the bottom panel and Swiss Dots for the narrow panel and edged them with a chalk inkpad. I cut 3 dies and used the chalk ink on them too. They are raised with dimensional tape. Now to use the other two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jennie...I LOVE your card!!!!! VERY VERY PRETTY!!! Purple is my FAVORITE color so the touches are this card are WONDERFUL!!!! I have those dies......never use them anymore since I have my cricut but there are indeed handy!!!!!