Thursday, September 15, 2011

Birthday in black & white

I have been playing around with some of my Spellbinder dies. For the next few days I will be showing you what I came up with.


For this card I used a Fleur De Lis Pendant die from Spellbinders. After cutting and embossing the die I found a Nestabilities square that fit the die and cut a square from the center of the panel and then used a Martha Stewart Punch around the page punch set. The border still looked very bare so I cut 4 of the small dies in the Pendant set and adhered them to the corners.
It still needed something else but the only stamp I had that would fit was part of a wood mounted $1 stamp that had a candle on it along with the words. Into the microwave the stamp went and off came the rubber. I cut between the candle and the words and it is now 2 unmounted stamps! A little Tack It Over And Over glue on the back and now I can use it as one stamp or I can use it separately.  Do you ever cut your stamps up?

3 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice, I have this die and never thought of using that way...Thanks for the inspiration!

Beccy said...

What a very elegant card Jennie, I love that you've just showcased that one die cut. And yes, I've cut my stamps lots of times... I think it's a great way to get more use out of them.
Cheers,
Beccy

unknow2020 said...

شركة تنظيف سيراميك بالدمام
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مدارس بالدمام