Monday, September 26, 2011

More Tealights

As I bought 50 of the tealights I have been going to town! My biggest problem is that I don't have many solid stamps. I tend to buy outline stamps that I can color. I did find this solid flower stamp from Stampin Up in my stash and as I don't have many colored ink pads I used markers to color on the stamp. Very time consuming when you are using different colors!




While mulling over the fact that I don't have solid stamps I came up with another idea. Use printed tissue paper. I usually buy pretty tissue paper at Christmas time. When I went into my Christmas wrapping box I didn't have one single sheet! I know it will work so the next time I am at the Dollar Tree that is what I will be looking for!

3 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

These are so pretty Jennie. Do you stamp directly onto the candle and then colour?. I have only ever put paper napkins onto the candles.

Gale said...

These are beautiful. When we made these last year, we did used some of our more simple stamps and colored them with copics. Worked good and didn't have to buy special/more stamps. Unless, of course, it's just a good reason to buy more stamps! LOL
:) Gale

Beccy said...

These boxed candles are so lovely Jennie and will make wonderful gifts.
Cheers,
Beccy