Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ribbon!

As those of you who follow my blog have probably noticed that I very rarely use ribbon on a card. Mostly because I never seem to have the right color even though I do have a fair amount of ribbon. So I am very proud of myself for using ribbon today! This card was inspired by a card in a gallery I saw on Splitcoast Stampers.

I used a Fleur de lis die combined with Labels 13. After cutting and embossing the smaller label I then used a small Cuttlebug embossing folder for the center sentiment and used the little cut out bits from the die and half pearls. Don't throw away those little bits from the dies they can be used in all kinds of ways!

5 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning card Jennie and that bow is fantastic. Hugs Rita xxx

Gloria said...

Very nice......I love it and you used the ribbon beautifully.

applejack cards by sue said...

I have followed a link and found your wonderful blog. Such beautiful designs and attention to detail. I am loving my visit to your blog. Thank you.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Beccy said...

Great card Jennie, love the gorgeous bow you tied. The pretty paper makes me think of my lovely nanna who had a fondness for pastels and spring patterns. I also love the way you put all those nesties together to make that sentiment plate.
Cheers,
Beccy