Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cut it out

This card started out as an experiment. The flower die is from a Marianne Designs set Flowers and Leaves LR0156 that I hadn't used before. I also had a  very old die from Cuttlebug that I had never used that they don't even make any more! I combined the two and came up with this card.


I first laid out the three flowers to see how they would line up and what size I would need to make the aperture. I needed the aperture to be 5.25" x 1.75" on a 4" x 6" card.  If I did it again I would move the aperture up a bit but it is what it is at this point! LOL  I glued the three flowers together before gluing them in the aperture and then glued on the die. To finish the card off I scored lines above and below the aperture and used blue crystals in the center of the flowers and tiny ones for the dots over the i's.

6 comments:

Katootje55 said...

A very nice card, Jennie. I like the way you used the Marianne die. I own it too, so perhaps you gave me a great idea...

Greetings from Holland,
Toos (means Catharine)

Beccy said...

Wow Jennie, this card is wonderful! What a great idea... so inspiring.
Cheers,
Beccy

Gloria said...

Nice you are so talented....

Jane Peters said...

Beautiful ... as always!

Rita said...

Absolutely Beautiful card Jennie. Hugs Rita xxx

Julie said...

Clever idea- lovely card.