Monday, September 19, 2011

Stars but no stripes

As I have put my foot in my mouth and taken on the challenge of posting every day for the whole month I though I should get organized in what I am doing. A bit late half way through the month but better late than never!  Starting today and for the next few days I am going to be making my cards with stuff I have and have never used and believe me there is plenty. ;-)


For this card I used an embossing folder from Crafts Too that I have never used before. I also used star dies that I think I have used maybe once and the word is cut with a die from Cuttlebug that I have also never used. I think the die probably was discontinued a long time ago! To get the white dots on the stars I used cardstock from DCWV that has a white core. After cutting the shapes I put them in a Swiss Dots embossing folder and then sanded the dots so that the white core showed through.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Great job Jennie....Judy just challenged me for October too.....

Beccy said...

Great card Jennie... very playful. I think it would be wonderful for a little boy's birthday. I like your idea to use those items in your stash that haven't yet been used. I have quite a few of those myself!
Cheers,
Beccy