Friday, August 7, 2009

Journal # 7

I have discovered that all composition books are not created equal! I bought the first 6 at Walmart and then as I was near Target I bought some more there. The difference is that the ones from Walmart have heavier covers than the ones from Target but I think the quality of the paper in the ones from Target is a little better. Now if I could put the cover from the Walmart one on the Target paper it would be perfect!


I made this journal with a man in mind. I stamped the leaves on dark brown CS with Versamark ink and then used gold and copper embossing powder. The sparkle doesn't show up in the picture but they are really pretty.... in a manly sort of way! LOL The strip the leaves are on is kraft CS which was a piece cut off from the cover liner. I had an extra gold leaf so I put it on the inside cover.

Only 3 more journals to go and then off they go to Shirley and the Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center in Bakersfield California.

5 comments:

Diann said...

Jennie, another wonderful manly journal - we are having fun creating these journals for Shirley to take to the Cancer Center. All of yours have been just beautiful! Diann

Carolyn said...

what a wonderful project, as a great keepsake for families also,
saw your posting on scor-pals

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely...

Anonymous said...

Love this one for sure...

Shirley B. said...

OOhhh I love this...purple and has leaves...my favs!

Love Shirley B.