Saturday, August 8, 2009

Journal # 8

Another journal of the masculine variety. I am definitely having a hard time with these manly things! There is surprisingly little out there in the way of pictures for men and boys.


I have had this scrapbook paper for ever and thought I would never use it. Well never say never I guess. It came in a double pack deal at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago so I have 4 sheets of everything and really could never imagine using this and some others in the pack. I am glad I hung on to it now though!

The cockrel came from a beverage napkin, one of Michaels dollar spot deals. There are 4 cockrels on each napkin and there are 16 napkins in the pack so I am all set for cockrels for a while!

I seperated the layers of the napkin, roughly cut out one cockrel and glued it to a piece of black CS. When it was dry I cut it out and glued it to another piece of black CS that I stamped in gold with a texture cube from Stampendous.

6 comments:

Diann said...

Okay...I think tis is my favorite! I love the use of the napkin for your image...I iron napkins and tissue paper to freezer paper often, but I'm not much on the other ironing! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ART!
Diann

JD/ Jill said...

This is very nice, very creatively done...thank you for sharing...

June said...

This is fab Jennie, I love that colour and design... brilliant !!
hugs June x

Anonymous said...

This is manly...and just perfect for that certain one. I love the way you used the napkin. I have never tried this before.

Shirley B. said...

Very striking!! I use napkins too...can get great looks..like this journal for instance!

love Shirley B.

Bonnie said...

I love it. I enjoyed your directions/description of you napkin applique. I will have to try it. Your journal is beautiful.