Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not so great cards

Some cards that I think turn out well don't take a lot of time. These are cards I think did not turn out well but oh did they take time!

I am so disappointed in the way this card turned out. It does not look like I imagined it would and I did it twice! The first time as I was gold leafing around the edge of the oval I got gold ink in a place it couldn't be hidden on the background. Next when I did the embossing on the white panel I didn't get it even. So I scrapped the whole thing and started again.

This one I just plain do not like. It is 5" x 7", not a size I usually do but the 3d was too big for a smaller card and I just had to use the 3d after I spent so much time cutting it out!.

Sometimes things just do not turn out the way we want so I thought I would share my failures with you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I do not see them as failures...they are really quite pretty.

JD/ Jill said...

I also think they look lovely. The image in the first card is one of my favorites. I've made a couple of cards using that image too. You've done a wonderful job with it!

Diann said...

How could you not love that beautiful lady card! Diann

Wanda said...

You don't like them? Well then just send em' to me...LOL.. Seriously they are beautiful but I do understand as an artist when you envision one thing and it turns out different you get dissapointed. Believe me when I say you DO have something to be proud of with these cards!!

Anonymous said...

Well you might not like them but I think they are both very pretty!!! Great job!!

creatively dreaming said...

hello i think that both of these cards are lovely. i especially like the card with the lady on, it is very elegant i think.