Monday, August 10, 2009

Journals #'s 9 & 10

These are the last two journals for a while. They will be going in the mail to Shirley this week.

The first one is so not me! When I made this one I had a young person in mind. I outlined some of the flowers in the background with glitter and also the layered flowers have glitter around the edges of the petals. There are turquoise rhinestones in the center of some of the flowers. It is actually a lot prettier than it looks in the picture. Glittery stuff never shows up well in a picture and I photographed the journals in the same place as I take pictures of my cards but with the journals being so much taller and closer to the ott light the light is reflecting off the top.

The layout of the last journal is not what I intended but I had an Oops! I use a cosmetic sponge to spread the glue around on the cover and have a tendancy just to throw it aside while I glue the paper on and I put the journal on the gluey sponge and didn't see it until it was to late. As I took the sponge off it took some paper with it so I had to cover it up and so instead of being in the top left side the picture is on the top right!

The background paper is stamped with a texture stamp in gold and the mat and the picture are stamped with the same stamp and embossed in gold.

If you would like to make a journal for a cancer patient get in touch with Shirley Nagel at srcattle@aol.com This is an ongoing project with no deadline

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice, I like both of your Journals...Thank you also for your hint, I usually scan my cards to put on my blog, because I never seem to take a nice photo, never thought to try taking a photo with my ott light...have a good day...
PS. I sent you an email...

Nicole said...

Your stylish cards and journals are really beautiful, it was fun visiting your blog Jennie I am sure I will come back regularly. Thanks
Craftynikky http://www.rubbertherapy.typepad.com/

Angie Hall Haviland said...

BEAUTIFUL, Jennie!! I adore the green and purple...love those colors together!

Chrystal S said...

Jennie! They are just wonderful! Great job!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful journals! Thank you for sharing the pics.