Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Journals for cancer patients

Shirley Nagel, a lady on one of the yahoo groups I belong to, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ARTHavenCreations_Friendships/ asked if anyone would be interested in making journals for cancer patients. The response from the group has been amazing! If you would like to join a group with friendly, sharing, amazing artists then I recommend this group. These are 3 journals I have made so far.


I really had a hard time making these because they are so much bigger than what I am used to but it was fun and I look forward to making more.

If you would like to make a journal for a cancer patient get in touch with Shirley at
srcattle@aol.com


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennie..these are so pretty...I am suer they will be loved by the one that gets them...

Cheryl said...

Wonderful! Thank you for the link I may think about joining in to make a few journals as gifts.

Anonymous said...

Jennie, my project of having journals to give to cancer patients has taken off because of people like you. How very generous of you to make these. My heart is touched by everyone's response to this idea and I know someone's life will be brightened by your art. Thank you, shirley nagel srcattle@aol.com

Angie Hall Haviland said...

They are all FABULOUS, Jennie!!! BEAUTIFUL journals!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennie.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!! I love them ALL they purple/tan with butterflies is my favorite!!!! GORGEOUS Job!!!!

Phyllis said...

I love your journals Jennie. I think the purple with the butterflies is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

The journals are very nice and I'm sure they will be truly appreciated. I'd love to know more details of how you made them before deciding whether I'd be interested or not in making any. Such as did you start with some sort of book and just decorate the cover or do you make the books from scratch, etc. They are lovely!

Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Jennie, here are some links to tutorials for making journals. If Annon wants to contact me I'll give her more details too...shirley srcattle@aol.com
http://www.craftbits.com/project/altered-journal
http://www.scrapgirls.com/altered_journals_with_printables.htm Less