Friday, May 8, 2009

Frugal Friday

The purpose of Frugal Friday is to use some of the inexpensive things I have found and make something great with them. Wouldn't this be a great end-of-the-year card for a teacher?

This cute little stamp is one of the $1 stamps from Michael's. The flip-flops and sentiment are on the same stamp but I seperated them. There are 2 ways you can do this. You can either mask off the part you don't want with scotch tape, ink up the stamp, remove the tape and stamp. How many times will you forget to remove the tape before you stamp? Not more times than me I'll bet. LOL

The second way, and the way I find the easiest when you do multiple stampings is to ink the part of the stamp you want to use with a water based marker. Don't forget to clean the stamp before you ink up the second part though!

I doodled the dots around the squares and on the flip-flops and I added clear Stickles on the flowers although you can't see it in the picture. I raised up the green flip-flops with pop dots. For the background I ran the CS through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.

No comments: