Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scrappy Saturday

It's Scrappy Saturday again! This first card is for all of you who visit my blog and especially to those who have left such nice comments and sent me such nice e-mails. Thank you.

I used the same stamp for this card as I used for the Simple Floral card on Wednesday. This time I stamped the flower on some scrap pieces of gingham and polka dot papers and cut them out. I punched circles for the flower centers and drew happy faces on them and raised them with pop dots. The flowers are just glued down in the center leaving the petals free. For the leaves I used a country heart punch and then drew around the edges and put dots with a black pen to match the stamp. The stems are just slivers of paper I cut freehand. The sentiment is Printworks Collection Small Tag Lines.


Folded Iris is a great way to use up those narrow strip of paper. You can find great information HERE and patterns HERE. For this piece I reduced the pattern to 3 1/2".

I cut a piece of CS and DP 6" x 6" then cut the circle from the plain CS using a Nestie closest to the size of my pattern. I cut a circle from the DP a size bigger. For the iris I used strips of double sided cardstock and did not fold it. I cut two strips 3/4" wide x 8" long (as that was the length of my scraps) of 5 different patterns. I used a Zig 2-way glue pen on one edge of each piece and embossed with a 50/50 mix of Ranger Gold embossing powder and Ranger gold embossing tinsel. the center is a tiny piece of gold paper that I have no idea where it came from.



The DP is some that I have had forever and never thought I would use as the pattern is so large! To spice it up I outlined the pattern with a Gelly Roll gold metallic pen. The golds really do not show up well in the picture but you can see it a bit better in the close-up. What looks like white on the DP is the gold outlines I did. I plan to frame this piece rather than make it into a card.






1 comment:

carolyn said...

all of your talent just amazes me; this iris fold card is beautiful. I will be following your blog, thanks for sharing