Monday, May 4, 2009

One image three ways

The image I have used for these three cards is not a stamp. I guess you could call it a digi stamp. You can sign up to receive a weekly e-mail from Dover Publications and they have free sample images from their books that you can save and print. I have been saving images for a few years now. I didn't know what I was saving them for but at least they were not cluttering up my art room....just my computer! LOL.

I re-sized the image and printed it on white cardstock. I then traced the image twice onto vellum but more about that later. I colored the image with pencils then cut a rectangle leaving some of the image outside the box. I then cut a black rectangle and mounted the image onto that. I used Nesties Labels 1 and the Cuttlebug to cut and emboss a frame from white cardstock.

The first image I traced onto vellum I colored with pencils and mounted it on white with pop dots although you can't tell by the picture. I cut the yellow frame using oval and scalloped oval Nesties. I used Cuttlebug swiss dots and thanks folders.


For this card I used an embossing tool on the vellum. I used a Nestie square to cut out a window in the turquoise CS and a smaller one to cut a window from black CS. I mounted the vellum on the piece cut out from the turquoise. The embossing on the bottom is a cuttlebug folder and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages.

5 comments:

Diann said...

Oh, I love your 1 image done 3 ways ... the last bottom one is my favorite! You have a great blog and I hope you will visit mine soon. Diann

Anonymous said...

Jennie....These cards are BEAUTIFUL........GREAT job each very elegant and different!!!!

Irene said...

Hello Jennie

I have just found your blog, and your work is amazing, I just love everything about it. It is so clean and fresh. I have put you into my favourites and will be calling back.

luv
irene
xxxx

MaryNSC said...

O MY GOSH!!! BEAUTIFUL

MaryNSC said...

O gosh How did U do that swiss dots and then the Thank U O PLEASE tell.. HOW BEAUTIFUL!!