Thursday, May 14, 2009

Going Dotty



Just a little something I made using chipboard coasters that I found in Michaels $1 bin. They had square ones and round ones with wine motifs on them. This little pencil/tool holder takes 7 coasters but if you leave out the dividers you will only need 5. I colored the edges of the coasters with a black Sharpie and then covered the coasters with DP. I punched holes for the ribbon with a regular round hole punch. For the divider I cut a slit half way up and the width of the coaster on 2 coasters and slotted them together. The sides are glued to the outside of the bottom. The image is from Whipper Snapper Designs Blossoms and Butterflies colored with Prismacolor pencils.

A word about glue from one who has tried every glue known to man! Another of my hobbies is making scale miniatures. In this hobby one uses all types of materials, wood, paper, metal, fabric, glass. I had a glue for each different material but then I discovered The Ultimate glue from Crafter's Pick. It will glue anything to anything and it dries clear. Only one glue bottle what could be better! It should be available in all the craft stores. It is what I use to glue on my bows and buttons etc.

1 comment:

luvthatstampin said...

I'll have to check out that glue. Like you, I have half a mission different types of glue!